Bean Validation is more than a specification, it is also a vivid ecosystem.
We list here some additional resources you might find useful when using Bean Validation.
If you know of others that might be of interest to our users, contact us on the Bean Validation development mailing list so that we can add them here.
For Bean Validation 2.0 (JSR 380)
- Hibernate Validator includes a set of additional built-in constraints (see the reference documentation)
- Java Bean Validation Extension offers a set of useful constraints (
- The validation project of Markus Malkusch provides another set of constraints (
- A nice example of password validator based on Passay, a password policy enforcement library.
- The library Lib-Validation from Peter Rogge is developed with the goal to provide validation functionality for JavaFX applications. It also provides custom constraints, e.g. @NewDuration.
For Bean Validation 1.0 and 1.1
Collection Validators allows to define constraints on elements of collections.
In Bean Validation 2.0, you can use type use constraints (e.g.
List<@NotBlank String>) for that.