Bean Validation 1.1 (JSR 349)
What is new since 1.0
This version of the specification focused on the following main topics:
- openness of the specification and its process
- method-level validation (validation of parameters or return values)
- dependency injection for Bean Validation components
- integration with Context and Dependency Injection (CDI)
- group conversion
- error message interpolation using EL expressions
For more information, check out the full list of goals and changes.
Read the specification
Get the reference implementation
Hibernate Validator is the reference implementation for Bean Validation. Download the known compliant version Hibernate Validator 5.0.1.Final.
Technology Compatibility Kit
Do you have feedback? Talk to us:
If you want to go to the next step and contribute, read how to contribute.
If you are interested in the various drafts that led to Bean Validation 1.1, check out the history page.